5 things for 5 people
This tale takes place, way back before MavenKnits, when I blogged only on our family blog. It is there we talk (sporadically) (but) a lot about homesteading, gardening, permaculture, recipes and other neo-pilgrim ways, but where I was talking way a little bit too much about knitting, and my husband bade me get my own blog for just that topic. Around this time of year, I posted a post (haha! Verb and noun!) called 5 things for 5 people. Now, we weren’t very popular on the web – not to say we didn’t have a lot of visitors; our blackberry jelly recipe remains very near first on Google,
but we didn’t have very many subscribers, and so I only got one single reply to my 5 things for 5 people (Thanks Tracy!). And so, I thought, if that is the way the fates would have it, that is how it shall be. And I thought not much more of it. However, just after solstice and just before Christmas of 2009, I received in the mail this:
That is a beautiful pendant/key chain hand made by a blogging colleague of mine, Trinity over yonder on blogspot’s Triknitty. I know that you all love to receive things in the mail as much as I do, especially when they aren’t bills or things mailed to a former tenant of your dwelling, but gifts and letters addressed to you, for you to open with a cup of tea and a piece of carrot cake.
And so we arrive at the point of this post. Why I am telling you this is purely out of the kindness and wonder that is receiving pretty things in the mail. If you want to receive a gift in the mail, handmade by me in the next little while, click on the link to that post on ye old Tilson’s blog up there and follow the instructions. Then, poof! Gifty in the mail! Plus, I don’t then feel undeserving of this beautiful handmade gift from Trinity, for having only made one gift, when she made five.
Actually lets keep it simple… here are the rules right now quoted from the first post, so no unnecessary clicking (see how easy it is!)
In my constant quest for inspiration, I found a post by TriKnitty, where she proposes a most excellent and inspiring challenge, which I have decided to undertake. I challenge you to do the same, with a little prize from me for your commitment!
The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me.This offer does have some restrictions and limitations so please read carefully:
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. (No refunds… no exchanges!!!!)
2. What I create will be just for you, with love from me.
3. It’ll be done this calendar year (2009) Uh… nope.
4. I will not give you any clue what it’s going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber. It may be weird or beautiful. I may even create something totally unbelievable and surprise you!! It will be handmade and may be any medium I choose. Who knows? Not you, that’s for sure!
5. I reserve the right to do something extremely strange…or awesome…or lovely!
6. In return, all you need to do is post this text into a note/post of your own and make 5 things for the first 5 to respond to it.
7. State your email address so that we can confer about mailing addresses etc.
I need 4 people to Comment below. I’m waiting.